Regulatory Issues (HIPAA/Medicare/FCLCA/NPI)
- New Medicare DMEPOS application fee takes effect
- Misuse of DEA Number Complaint Form for Medicare Part D Patient Form
- DMEPOS Surety Bond Update
- FTC "Red Flags Rule"
- Medicaid Prescription Pad Requirements
- Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act (FCLCA)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Social Security Administration
- Regional Health Information Organizations
Optometry is not just a legislated profession; it's a highly regulated profession. Issues surrounding patient health safeguards, patient health information security, and practitioner reimbursement are some of the important areas of daily optometric practice subject to federal regulation.
AOA forges and maintains relationships with federal regulators, ensuring proper representation of optometrists and their patients when federal regulators make decisions. AOA also helps make regulatory statutes and decision